Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I Like Making Lists

O goodness! It is so close to the end of the year i can almost taste it. It is times like these when a couple of things start to click through my brain, slowly but surely. First off would be a new year's resolution type dealio. So for this year I have a whole new list of things I am gong to try and accomplish either over the summer or for next school year:

-Avoid drama...at all costs. As previously stated I am a big ole drama magnet (look at the second post i wrote for explanation.) I am done with it! I have too much going on in my life to deal with other peoples drama! Obviously there is a certain drama quota that all people must accept to have friends at all; my friends deal with some of my drama and I would hope they trust me to deal with some of their's. Lately my "drama quota" has been like a fat kid in a doughnut shop; I have been taking in way too much and it usually ends with some sort of emotional throw up. The big thing though will be avoiding my own drama. Normally this wouldn't be that hard but next year poses a slightly more difficult challenge in the form of Cake...my ex. I will have a separate post about this later, since it is a long story and I don't feel like going into it right now.

-Become more healthy. This does not mean skinnier, this does not mean lose weight. I am done with all that crap, I am done with thinking that that is what I need. I am curvy and I have hips and thighs and boobs and I would not trade them for the world. Sure it would be nice to be able to lay out in a bikini without worrying about what I look like, but maybe that just isn't in the cards for me, and I need to learn to deal. I am going to be big for the rest of my life and I can be healthy at the same time. The other part of this goal is getting some of those around me to accept this as well and let me make my own decisions about my health. You know who you are and i love you forever.

-Be more girly. I am going to try to get in touch with my feminine side next year/ this summer. I think I am going to try and do a hippie-fem thing. I like hippies and I think it is more my thing then any other fem version. I love being a woman, why not show it a bit?

-Be more honest. In no way does this mean I am some sort of pathological liar, I'm not; but there is the occasion when I can't deal with either dishing or taking the truth so i bend around it a little bit so avoid awkward confrontation, hurt emotional fallout and general not-so-happy feelings. This is how I tend to deal with things, I need to learn to not rely on this method so much. Especially when it comes to things I know won't have very many consequences and it simply makes me feel more comfortable to fib about it. Don't you dare send those judgmental looks through the screen! You know you do it too!

-Do the reading even if i don't have to. I am a bright person, educational wise, things have always come relatively easy for me. This has made me slightly lazy when it comes to school. The program that I am now participating in requires close to 100+ pages of reading a week, and at this point I have simply stopped reading altogether. This has had little to no effect on my grades, which is kinda cool...but sorta not. I need to read these things, even if I can grasp the concepts without doing so. In the long run it will be better if i learn how to muscle through it and get the work done. I am going to try and craft this goal after my awesome roomie, who works her tail end off and is all the better for it. :)

So thats about all i can think of right now. I need to finish up some work i have for a presentation tomorrow anyways. Hope you all have a wonderful night, and a bright sunny morning.

Ciao Bella
Singing Ginger

No comments: