Monday, April 14, 2008

Inaugural Speech


Readers, friends, stumblers of the net! I come to you in the hopes that I can clear not only my own head, but might, in fact, be able to help sort out yours as well. I come to you with no certain promises, no proclamations of truth or even semi truth. I come to you with only what I have: a laptop and a voice. A redheaded wanderer of sorts seeking nothing but to enlighten myself while gracing this earth, for no reason other than enlightenment. I come to you with the drama of my life and ask only that you keep your judgments to yourself. I have little to offer by way of any sort of unique wisdom, nothing I say hasn't been said before in words much more graceful than my own. I am who I am and will offer no apology for that, much less any consequences that may come of it. If my words might find offense in your ears I will rejoice in the diversity of beliefs that is brought about in such contradiction. For no one will I silence my voice, for no one should you silence your own. Within these pages I do not expect to find any definitive answers, nor should you. I thank you for coming , and welcome you to stay.

1 comment:

Carolina On My Mind said...

I LOVE YOU.


not in a lesbian way though, of course.