Sunday, April 27, 2008

My Adventure into the Subculture


Hehehehe! Here it is! My new piercing! In the case you were not familiar with my former piercings the one with the sun earing is part of my first set, the one directly above it was done about two months ago and the one with the ring in it was the special pierce described in the post below. The one directly across from it, on the ridge of my ear is my new rook piercing! Isn't it beautiful? I love it. It didn't even hurt as bad as I thought it would, though according to Sam (previously mentioned as "Roomie") it bled quite a bit. Speaking of Sam, she has a tattoo! Isn't it purty? It was quite the day of serious delinquency. We got up and did about an hour and 40 mins of hard core studying for our big final tomorrow and then set off for the parlor. Made a quick stop at the book store to return our texts and get enough money to be able to be delinquent and we were ready. Sam went first since she had to make an appointment. Got the tat sketched out and went to the back room. After some preparatory stuff Sam laid out and the nice man got to work. She said there were a few moments of slight ouchyness but that on the whole it didn't hurt as much as she thought it would. In case the picture isn't clear enough; it is a peace dove on her lower left back. You can't really see it but it is holding a green olive branch. Sam's explanation for this tattoo is that she has "had enough war in my life, and now I want a little peace." I think it is amazing and I can't wait to get mine!
I love the simple elegance of the lines and how it doesn't look muddied up or over done. That is sort of how i want mine but different subject. Okay, coming back from the tangent; so after Sam was all done up and bandaged we went back up to the front and I started to fill out the paper work for my pierce. The nice guy who did my industrial was the piercer on duty for today (which made me really happy, because he is an older gentleman with gauges and a lot of experience) and we talked about the details and went back to his little piercing room. For anyone who is considering getting work of this nature done make sure stuff is clean before you go in. This guys room was very much like a doctor's, examining table with the scruntchy paper included. He showed me the sterilization strip on all the tools he was going to be using (if the place you are going to doesn't do this, unless it is a lobe pierce, don't follow through) and laid me down on his little table thing. Five cotton q-tips, two pen marks, one haggle over angle and about 15mins later and I had this lovely new hole punched through my ear. Oh such good times! Well, now that the delinquency is done for the day, time to go back to studying. Much health and happiness to all.

Hoping my Dad still loves me :)
~Singing Ginger

No comments: