Monday, March 23, 2009

Range

I had a thought just now I decided it might be fun to share. I think if I end up doing this singing competition I have been a part of for the past 2 years again next year, and if I win, I am going to use the money to cut an album. This is not something that I want to distribute so much as I would like a record of what I can do with my voice right now at this age for when I can no longer do these things and I am no longer this age. I am going to be thinking about what songs I should put on this thing and if anybody has any suggestions please feel free to add on. Right now I have

-"Summer Time" by Etta James
-"Save Your Soul" by Jewel
-"Per La Gloria" by Scarlotti?
-"Chasing Pavement" by Adele
-"Warwick Avenue" by Duffy
-"Sunday Kind of Love" by Etta James
-"Give Me One Reason" by Tracy Chapman
-"Memory" from Cats
-"The Habenera" from Carmen
-"I'll Cover You" from RENT
-"Moondance" by Van Morrison
-"Take Me for What I Am" from RENT
-"I'll Be Seeing You" Nat King Cole
-"Come Together" by The Beatles
-"House of the Rising Sun" by Bob Dylan

Obviously not all of these will be on there and I am sure there will be some stuff not listed but if you have any ideas please feel free to comment. This includes anyone who might not personally know me, or ever heard me sing. Thanks a bunch!

~The Singing Ginger

2 comments:

powderizedbookworm said...

"House of the Rising Sun" is not by Dylan, its a folk song, he just stole the arrangement that the Animals popularized from Dave van Ronk. But I think that if you are going to do a Dylan song you have to do "Love Minus Zero/No Limits" check out the Judy Collins version. Also, you should do something by Joni Mitchell, I have yet to hear you sing, but knowing you, you would do OK with something from "Blue."

Scarecrowcp said...

ooo I lose, I knew that and then still posted it under him. I think this was because I was given his arrangement as a suggestion.