Monday, March 23, 2009

Bus Post #1


I have decided that since I spend a little bit of time on the bus every month, usually going back home for some reason or another or coming back from home; and since the bus I ride has WiFi that I will take this little bit of downtime to post when I am not sleeping. So consider this Bus Post #1 and I will keep track fo them as we go. They might be a bit shorter (though not so in this case) just because I will want to sleep most times. :)

New News: I got asked on a date! This one was totally out of the blue folks so if you are feeling left out of the loop so was I at the time. He is this really nice guy from my floor and we were hanging out in the study lounge and talking about stuff. He asked if I was seeing any one and me being the girl I am (didn't pick up on anything at this point) said that there were a few guys on the rowing team but that all-in-all most of them view me as one of the guys so I didn't see anything going anywhere. Then I asked him if he had any sorority girls he was looking at (he is in a frat) and he said no. Sometime around this point he said that we should go out and I said that would be a good idea (while trying not to fall out of my chair at the same time.) The interesting thing about this guy is that he is very much not what you would call my "type." He is a fraternity brother, he has no piercing or tattoos, he likes kids and is in the school of education and he is attractive in a very straightforward kind of way (meaning most girls/ gay men would agree he is good looking without much difference between them.) So yeah...it is kind of weird to me and I am still trying to get my balance back, but it is a nice feeling.

Now the real moral/ ethics question here would be whether or not I continue flirting with the guy I like on the rowing team. Here is my inner monologue: "M and I aren't dating yet we have just been on a date and I wouldn't expect him to stop flirting with anyone else he might be attarcted to. On the other hand he went out with my roommate a couple of times in the begining of the year (odd I know) and she was seeing two guys at one time and needless to say did not pick M. On the other hand I am not seeing rowing team guy and we have just been chatting a little bit and I don't even know if he is into me or not (I would guess not from the feelings I have been getting from him, but I really have no idea), on the other hand what happens if something happens with rowing guy and I? What happens if something happens with M and I?

All of this could be avoided with simple thought bubbles that popped up over everybody's head when they think things. Oi, sometimes reality is just not in my favor. :) Keep you updated on the situation. Going to take a nap now.

~The Nomadic Singing Ginger

1 comment:

Emma said...

heyyy. i love how i know more about your life via your blog than i do from actually talking to you...we should remedy that.
regarding your boy sitch, i thought i'd throw my two cents in...i wouldn't give up on either just yet. just to be cliche, don't put all your eggs in one basket. we're no longer in high school (thank god!) and just because you go on one date with a guy doesn't mean that you need to forsake all others.
anyway, call/msg me sometime and we can actually catch up and discuss boy dramaaaa :)
love you girl.