Friday, December 5, 2008

Robotic Love


So I have just finished watching the movie Wall-E from Pixar studios for a second time. Wow, that movie has me feeling all giggly inside even after seeing it once. The movie (for those of you who may not have seen it) is about this little robot named Wall-E who is the last of his kind left on earth to clean up after the global mess that humans have created. He meets EVA and they have a wild romantic adventure together. I won't say more because I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone who hasn't seen it. It really is a beautiful little picture that crafts wonderous images and evokes fantastical feelings between a rusty robot and his sleek counterpart.

I believe in love. I have said this from the begining of my blogging journey and I would like to reiterate the point right here, right now. I believe in love. Life long, ever lasting, perfect, soul mate finding love. Disney love, as some might say. This could be naive of me, it could be blissful ignorance in a world where the divorce rate continues to climb as the days go by, but frankly my dear, I don't give a damn! I have been blessed enough to have lived in close contact with such a love my entire life. My parents are soul mates. Some of you might laugh at this (though surely those that know my parents won't) but it is 100% true. My Mother went home to her Mother two weeks after the begining of her relationship with my Father and told her she had found "the one." For my Dad it took about a month but we forgive him for that. I have sat down with either one of them many a time and asked them the secret to finding someone that could complete you so wholey and though both can use some words and odd little explanations to try and describe it, it usually ends up coming down to the fact that they love each other more than they could ever love anything else in the world, even themselves. It is because of this, and because of them, that I have utter faith that a Disney kind of love exists. That happiness can be found in the eyes of another person and that two people can grow old together and be perfectly content.

So now it just comes down to finding this person right? And just to clarify, I am, by no means, of the opinion that there is just one person for every other person. No way. But how to find these people? How to find those that could best complete us as individuals by simply adding themselves? I have no idea. Not in the faintest. But I do know its out there and that it is possible. Will I find it? No idea. Will you? I hope so. But I think I could be a happier person, just maybe, by knowing and having faith that it is possible for two people to fall passionatly in love. I think I could make it through my life without this experience for myself, as long as I knew that we don't live in a world that lacks kisses in the rain or hand holding or old couples on a bench in the park. As long as I know this, I could make it. I don't want to without this love, but I could. And two robots in a flick about love taught me that.

May your days be full of hope and love
~The Singing Ginger

No comments: