Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy __________!

I wanted to wish everyone a Happy ______! Fill it in with whatever you would like/ is applicable. I personally am very excited for Christmas, I love seeing my family and spending time with them. I have realized as I have gotten older that, that is the part I really look forward to when it comes to the holidays. I love my family and to have them all in one house loving on everyone all together is a wonderful thing. It is a good time to see what you have and be thankful for it, not only in the "oh man I have so much more than a lot of people do sense" but in the actual enjoyment of what you have.

I am thankful for those that love me and those that I love. I am thankful for the roof over my head and the stars over the head of my roof. I am thankful for my abilities and my passions and my strengths, my weaknesses, my insecurities and the knowledge to overcome both of them. I am thankful for both legs and arms, for the food in my mouth and the clothes on my back. I am thankful for my dog, my bed and my shoes. I am thankful that I wake up every morning free and safe and in a country not torn apart by war or bombs or genocide. I am thankful that in my country that is torn apart by ignorance and prejudice that I have the ability to help change it. I am thankful for the world and the children that live in it. We can change, we can heal, we can make better. I am thankful for the older generation because you have shown us not only what we can do terribly wrong but also what we can do right. I am thankful for hope.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight.
~The Singing Ginger

No comments: