Tuesday, October 7, 2008


So I finally rowed in my first regatta over the weekend and I must say that it was quite the experience. I can also say that it was nothing what I thought my first race would be like. Starting off with the biggest difference: I rowed in a mens 8 boat (kind of like the one you see in the picture above.) We didn't have enough men to fill a second 8 boat so coach decided to fill in the spot with a girl and he picked me. Secondly it was not nearly as fast paced or crazy as I thought it would be. It was very centered and very in the zone type thing. I really like it and my boat ended up coming in 5th which isn't bad but we can do a lot better. All in all it was a positive experience and I am looking forward to our next one in a few weeks. Hopefully I will be rowing with my girls this time, but as long as I get to race I don't really care. Once spring rolls around I will get to race in these really attractive, really tight, uni's that are made of spandex...of I cannot wait...yeah.
Hope all is coming up roses!

~The Singing Ginger

No comments: