Sunday, August 3, 2008

Here We Go Again

So as we enter the month of August I have the wonderful task of figuring out all my crap before I go back to school. Many may think that, that is a funny sort of statement seeing as many seem to think that college age students are having the times of our lives and should be enjoying it and must really stop complaining all the time. Well to those people I tell you it is no walk in the proverbial woods.
First off we have the whole housing debacle; this consists of my roommate and I trying desperately to get off campus for NEXT year. Yeah thats right people, if we want to sign a lease on a rental house or an apartment or even a refrigerator box (which would probably be a space up grade from our dorm) we have to start looking right now! Actually we should have started looking yesterday...at least. A subset of this problem comes in the from of finding enough people to fill said house. So far it is my wonderful roommate and myself, our fabulous friend John and an old Irish friend of mine names Rose. Most housing we are looking at are five person houses which is good because people get more space and which is bad because not only do they cost more but our fabulous friend John would like a male roommate to balance out all of the ranging female hormones that will be flying around.

Then we have what I should be moving up with THIS year. Last year I brought up way too much crap and I am trying to cut down, but the entire process of sorting through my things and figuring out what I truly need and what I don't is a little bit time consuming as well as energy zapping. Along with the list of things that I need to be moving up this year we also have some of the more contraband items I will be bringing up...in the form of liquid...often consumed by college age students. Well apparently I am the go to gal for this (though I would be lying if I said I didn't find some sort of sick pride in that) even though I plan on cutting back this year because of some health problems described in previous posts and that will be elaborated on in this one later on.

Second to last we have the whole job thingy. I decided after much thought and deliberation...okay i decided after 30secs searching the campuses job finder, that I was going to quit the hell hole of a job that I was working last year in the cafeteria. Seeing as i have very little money to pay for books and the such, and that i have $50 being taken out for a 401K already (how screwed up is a country when a college age person has already started saving for retirement?) I need to find a new job now. This will hopefully be taken care of tomorrow because I am going up to the campus to go searching early.

Last but not least, we have drama. My constant and clingy companion. If you read some posts farther down the page you will come to find this nice little story about Jane and Jim which then turns into G and C. If you have been following along you might have come to realize that I, in fact, am Jane and C. Jim and G are played by the role of my ex boyfriend. No matter what has happened this summer (and a lot has happened this summer) there is no getting around the fact that G will be joining me up at college and that his dorm is right down the street from mine. At this point I have already told him I won't be spending a whole heck lot of time with him if his mission in life is to screw every girl on campus before even talking about a relationship. But as in most matters, easier said then done. I will make sure to keep everyone posted of the juicy details, but I have the sinking feeling this is going to get worse before it gets better.

One last update for the night before i hit the hay. I went to the doctor's last Friday to figure out what this whole numbness situation is doing. After a battery of tests that resembled something like a drunk driving evaluation she rules out the possibility of anything WAY serious. In her words "I don't think it is a tumor." *Sigh of relief* As great as that is we still don't know what is wrong with me, so she sent me to get a bunch of blood tests. I will find out results on Tuesday. My mother on the other hand felt the need to tell my doctor (she wanted to come into the room which I didn't have a problem with since I don't think this has anything to do with my nonexistent love life) that she is of the opinion that I am under a ton of stress and anxiety and that that might be the issue. She then went on to explain in order the top three stresses of my life in the past year and a half.
*One of my best friends died right before second semester of senior year
*Went to college
*Ended an almost two year (one year and 10months) relationship
She then went on to add that i was having "boyfriend" issues with said EX boyfriend...which I am not...because we aren't dating...because he is "playing the [damn] field." Okay time for bed. Hope all is peachy keen.

~The Singing Ginger

No comments: