Sunday, May 3, 2009

List

Hehehehe so I moved to the study lounge in attempts to be more productive and all I can think about is how I don't want to do anything other than write...about nothing to do with finals. So I have made a deal with myself: I can post once more tonight and then I need to put in about 3 hours before I get to post again. Nothing like wanting to avoid something to get you doing mundane tasks...like updating your blog.

List of Things I Want to Learn/ Do This Summer:
  1. Get lost in europe: though obviously there are some places where this is safer to do than others, I do just want to spend a day being lost in a city in Turkey and a city in Belgium. Not by myself necessarily, but no map, no plans, no time limit. I think this is the best way to find places that aren't on the map, and meet people that aren't tour guides.
  2. Barter in the Great Bazaar: I have done this before in Mexico and get a huge thrill out of it. I think it is fun and a good way to save money. I am going to go toe-to-toe with some of the pushiest vendors in all of Europe. Not to mention I have to find cheap stuff to bring back for everybody.
  3. Start a conversation with a stranger/ local: you won't learn anything about the place if you don't know the people that have chosen to live their lives there.
  4. See Izmir: this has a family story behind it. I will be the first in my family to return to Turkey since the Greeks and the Turks warred in this once Greek colony. I want to see the place where my family came from.
  5. Go to a techno rave: because the Europeans do it so much better than the Americans ever could.
  6. Hike: I am going to be spending a lot of time in cities because it is the best place to learn about the courses I am taking but I don't want to miss the natural wonder of the places I am visiting.
  7. Take a ton of pictures: I am usually really horrible about doing this, but this is going to be one of the biggest adventures of my life (thus far) and I want to be able to look back on it. I also need more pictures of my family to put in my room next year.
  8. Spend time getting to know my family: this could very well be the last summer I spend a significant portion of at home, and I don't want to miss anything. My family is my life and I love them to bits.
  9. Have a pizza party/ sleepover with Megan: BECAUSE I MISS HER SO FREAKING MUCH!!!! Please come home from England soon, KThxBye.
  10. Get back in shape for crew: I am coming back, this much I have decided for next year. I might have to work a corner to make ends meet but it is going to happen. I WILL be in the women's varsity boat next year, and there is nothing that is going to get in the way of that. There is also no way I am going to allow there to be any doubt that I don't deserve my seat/ that I am pulling my weight.
  11. Spend a week or so in Canada: I love my grandmother's house in Canada because it is in the middle of nowhere and I always leave feeling more at peace than when I came. the biking, swimming, drinking and euchre playing is epic... always. There is also a slight chance I will get to go to the Canadian Henley with my friend Taylor and that will be AMAZING.
  12. Last but not least: Get my tattoo: its been three years and I am ready.
I don't know why I am stopping at 12, but I am. I have a lot of other things I would like to accomplish this summer but we will see. It is going to be amazing and I can't wait.

Wow, I am listening to Girl Talk and looking up the final times for the Dad Vail last year; procrastination is death.

Here's to adventure!

~The Singing Ginger

p.s. Justin is a butthead and should stop making fun of me. :P Happy about being included now??

1 comment:

tapswitch said...

yes yes I am thank you very much. By me cheap crap that can be useful though. It won't take much I am like Macgyver never know when I will need to escape from a room with just what you gave me, a gum wrapper, and rubber band