Thursday, November 20, 2008

This Is What I Think

Mr. Obama asked me what I thought and this is what I told him:

I see an America greatly divided after a large scale terrorist attack, a war unwanted and an election that has put the hopes, dreams and faith of millions into the hands of one man. I hope that the future brings us together within the borders of our own home. I hope the future brings the equaity of rights to all citizens within this country no matter their race, gender or whom they choose to fall in love with. We must choose love Mr Obama. We must choose it not only for ourselves and those whom we accept as our fellow citizens, but those that we would defeat, who we would crush, and who we would speak out against. In a land so greatly free we have found ourselves in a time greatly divided. We will expect one man to move mountains when we would not lift a finger. Inspire us, emplore us, and open our eyes; you cannot move mountains alone. As a student citizen of this country I am more excited about the future than I have ever been. It is a bright new day and there is work to be done. Thank you and good luck.

~The Singing Ginger

No comments: