Monday, November 24, 2008

Hoolihoo!

I am supposed to be writing a paper right now, but I think blogging would be such a better idea. Today went a lot better than the stressed out ickyness of yesterday. I had a tough, but not impossible, practice and a really good time with my acting class. I also got to have some impromteau bonding with some of my team mates when my coach didn't show up for a meeting I was supposed to have with him (he drove into a ditch, but it just fine.) It was fun talking with people I have been spending so much time with, especially since all we do it work out and compete together. My teammates/ coach are people! Who knew?
So anyways I have decided that after the huge fight with a friend of my suitemate's that i am going to apologize. I will not apologize for what I believe, I will not apologize for how I live my life, I will not apologize for stating these beliefs, but I will apologize for the manner in which I stated these opinions. My wonderful roommate pointed out to be that I can argue with people all I want but that I should not belittle their opinions. Her statement was that I shouldn't act like only my beliefs are the right ones and that there is no other way to see the world. My argument against this was that; though I respect other's beliefs on many different topics, the debate on homosexuality is not on of those topics because if you do not believe what I believe or some version of it that you have some version of the truth that tells you that some people are subhuman and don't deserve rights nor to be treated with respect. I think that the boy I was arguing with is wrong, I think he is ignorant for believing what he does, but that doesn't mean I have to be aggressive or demeaning to him. Thank you once again wonderful roomie for helping make me a better person. :D
Goodnight and good luck

~The Singing Ginger

No comments: