Monday, February 22, 2010

Change

I need change.

I don't know if its the fact that I have been in school for too long, or having to work for around 16 hours a week all year, or that I am so sick of erging I could pull my hair out, but I need some change. The typical "I think I will pierce something" is not going to cut it this time around because I feel like too much of what I need to change is a settings thing. I don't want to be here, I want to be somewhere else. I don't want to be going to the classes I have (accept the Jewish one), my professor's are getting under my nails, and the team (though I love them with everything that I have, are driving me nuts.

It is sad that in order to get through my Political Islam class I am having to map out possible road trips I can take this summer. I just don't want to be here any more. I want to get out and have an adventure, and not that I don't love the adventure's I have with my newly minted boyfriend (did I mention I am seeing someone?) but going to Meijer to buy Battle Ship is only going to keep me happy for so long. When I get feelings like this its how I know that International Relations was the place for me. I might be a homebody but I need to get the heck out of here!!!!

Whats worse is that my political Islam class is now talking about Turkey and places that I have been, and history I already know about. I want to travel! I want to do something! The snow is making me go insane, not that i don't love snow but just because it is winter, and its cold and I can't just go outside and look up at the sky...because its cold and wet. Maybe I will go snowboarding this sunday, I don't know, I just need to get out. Not only my apartment, but this state and this school (if you can even call it that, since it is more like a business than anything else, but that is a rant for another day.)

Oi...

~The Singing Ginger

No comments: