Friday, January 1, 2010

First Post of 2010

Just wanted to get on real quick and wish everyone a Happy New Year and that I hope every one's celebrations went well. I am currently in Canada with the family and trying to soak up every moment of what could very possibly be one of the last New Year's I send up here. Coming back to day and, time permitting, will be cooking Swedish meatballs for my friend Ski. I would post something about that here, but I can already tell you they are going to be amazing, and they aren't so hard to make that I worry about it all that much.

On another culinary note: I made a key lime parfait thingy for a reunion I had with my high school accapella group. It turned out okay, the custard went very well actually but the recipe called for a layer of graham cracker crumbs between the custard and the whipped cream and I think it ended up making things a bit too dry. I might mix it with a bit of something to moisten it next time around, though everyone seemed to like it just fine.

Alrighty, going to go have an early dinner. May the first few days of the new year be happy and restful and may the memories of the year past be learned from.

~The Singing Ginger

No comments: