Sunday, December 27, 2009

I Am Martha Stewart


So...I have decided that I am going to keep track of major meals that I cook for friends and family and then report back on how they went afterwards, and if people would like the recipes they can post a comment; which would be cool since it isn't something that anyone seems to do any more. SO here is tonight's Post-Christmas meal for my family, Aunts, Uncle and cousins:

-Sage rubbed Pork chops with cinnamon and brown sugar apples
-Sautéed green beans
-Garden salad
-English Trifle (my sister is making this part)

Hope the season is going well, finally got my white Christmas after returning from the vacation in Florida. There is no doubt, I am a northern girl.

~The Singing Ginger

Afterward: So maybe this recipe would have been better to me if I liked pork...yeah. On the whole it was taken very well by my family. Did roasted asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper instead of the beans, way awesome. The meat was slightly overdone and the apples kind of outdid the sage rub on the pork, but everyone said they liked it. I don't really think this is a accurate indicator of a good meal though.
My rating 5/10 Approximate Family rating: 7.5/10

No comments: