Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Oh the Possibilities

Things that Freak me Out:

-Discovering bugs that are crawling on me that I didn't know were there (but not bugs in general, nor bugs I know about.)
-Losing friends
-The idea that with all this cooking I have been doing at some point I am going to have to know how to put out a kitchen fire
-Little kids being hurt
-Accidentally touching gum that has been put under a chair or desk I am at and has been there for Lord knows how long
-Failure, in all its shapes and forms
-The idea of Ginger's dying out as a race (yes, I said a race)
-And finally (though this is by no means a total list) feeling like I am going to let someone down, or fall short of who they think of me as a person.

This last one is going to be the topic of today's posty thing. I have recently been getting to know this amazing and wonderful person who's name for the purpose of this post is going to be...Hoody. So Hoody and I have met a couple of times, but have only really started getting to know each other by talking though Skype. Hoody doesn't live where I do, and so this, texting and phone calls are the best means of communication. When I say "getting to know" what I mean is having wonderfully long conversations through our computers every night for the past week and a half that usually run between 2 and 4 hours. Hoody is a cool dude.

Situation: Hoody and I would really like to see each other in person, since the last time that happened was quite a while ago and we haven't seen each other since this whole thing started. Problem: I am worried that I am not going to be nearly as impressive in person as I am over the computer. Now, don't get me wrong, I am totally confident that I am a cool person. I have done a lot of things that people my age...hell people not my age, have never done. I know I am interesting and have a lot of things to share. My issue is that sometimes that doesn't come out right away when I meet people for the first time, and sometimes I can be awkward and weird and fidgety and odd and I don't know, a million other kind of things that are anything but easy going, impressive and normal. I have already accepted the fact that I am going to end up putting my foot in my mouth at least a dozen times when we first meet, and since simply not opening my mouth to say anything has been ruled out (though I am still pondering about whether or not this would be feasible) I am, at this point, trying to do a preemptive damage control type thing.

Shoot, okay need to go to practice. But i am going to finish this post when I have time and will post as is for now, so anyone with any advice can let me know.

~The Singing Ginger

No comments: