Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Scared

No lie, I'm scared out of my pants about leaving. It is something that pops into my head at least once or twice a day and causes me anxiety and fear and cold sweats. The idea of leaving everything I know, to go do work I know next to nothing about, and all without the physical support of my family actually being there is horrifying. The real kicker is that I don't know if all of these feelings are normal or some internal indication that maybe this isn't the right thing for me to be doing right now. But I have to ask myself: if not now, when? And even though I may on some level not want to do this (and I'm not even really sure that's true) the person I want to be would do this, and I think that has to count for something. I also think it has to count for something that when I am not freaking out about this completely I am thinking about what an amazing adventure it is going to be, and how life changing as well. How often do people really have the nerve to do something life changing? Just thoughts.

~Singing Ginger

No comments: