Friday, July 24, 2009

OMGOMGOMG!!!

So I made it to Paris, the city I was MOST looking forward to visiting on this trip and I have to say it has yet to disappoint. I spent the day on a 3 hour, free, walking tour held by neweurope (most amazing tours ever if you go to a big city in europe) and saw: Notre Dame, Eiffel tower, arc de triomphe, Louvre, Muse de Orsay, Latin quarter, Saint Michel and a bunch of other really cool parisian sites. After that I took a 20min walk from where the tour ended to the Eiffel tower (since we didn't get very close) and chilled out there for a bit but didn't have the chance to go up since I didn't really want to wait in line for 3 hours, by myself, in the rain. And this is where I shot myself in the foot...

As you can image, after a 3 hour walking tour and another walk to and from Eiffel I was kind of tired. I was going to just take a nap for an hour and then head over and go into the Louvre because it is free for students after 6pm on fridays. Well I guess my body was calling for a bit more sleep than that because I ended up taking a 2 hour nap and waking up too late to be able to go out. That is the sad thing about traveling alone, I don't have anyone to go out with and therefore don't feel comfortable leaving the hostel late at night to explore. Because I missed the Louvre tonight I am going to try and go tomorrow. This also means that tomorrow looks a little crazy: wake up, go to Muse De Orsay, take a walking tour of Monmartre, meet Avery at 6:30 for mass at Notre Dame, go to Louvre with Avery?, try and convince Avery to go have a glass of wine with me somewhere, go to bed. Then on Sunday: wake up, meet Jeffry at Catacombs and go on tour, go to Champs de Eleyse to watch the end of...TOUR DE FRANCE!!! So excited, even though Lance isn't gonig to win. Since I will be down there I am going to round out my stay with the Arc de Triomphe and I think that covers pretty much everything. Next time I come back here I think I am going to do the non touisty side of Paris, but for now I am content being a camera wielding, gitty American.

Home in less than a week. I love and miss you all and will update about school when I get back to the flat. :)

-Claire

p.s. Look below for a post I just published that I began writing before Paris.

No comments: