Monday, June 23, 2008

Selling My Body for $

Alrighty so here is what has been up as of late: I joined a crew team...okay well if i am being truly honest with myself it wasn't really a crew team it was more of a crew lesson. I am learning how to row. This is mostly due to the fact that, as previously stated, I am not so good with the whole stay on top of the work out thing, but this way I have to work out because i am in a class, and there are other people expecting me to be there. The end result in this particular class sign up is that I join the college club crew in the fall, and then maybe be a novice on their actual team at some point or another...and then maybe get really good...and get on a bigger team...and go to the Olympics...and win a gold medal...and get to meet the Hamm brothers...so yeah relatively realistic expectation i would think. :)
The other thing i have sorta been up to would be trying to figure out ways to make more money. I currently have a job working for a movie theater, which is great and all but I have been working there for two years and have yet to get a pay raise. So aside from the money trickling in from my minimum wage grunt work I have come up with a few other possible solutions to my cash quest:
*Get another job (tried to do this and it didn't really work out because no one wants to hire me because i am leaving in the fall)
*Sell my crap on eBay (this would make sense because my Dad makes part of his living selling slightly-cooler-than-crap on eBay; but i like all my stuff so I just sorta wanna keep it and make more money so i can buy more crap to keep the old crap company)
*donate plasma
Since the first two ideas didn't really work I figure donating bodily fluids would be the next best thing. So I have decided to donate my plasma for $15.00 and hour (the lady on the phone said it would be about 1.5 hours each visit and that i would get paid about $30.00....so yeah) I have been warned that this is a bad idea and that it is going to be painful and that i should think of some better way to make money, but I think I am going to give this a shot. I will make sure to keep all you special people out there updated on my adventure.
Last but not least i am thinking of volunteering some of my time at the hospital. I figured this would be a pseudo easy process and that i would just walk in fill out some forms, maybe get my picture taken and then some one in scrubs would hand me a baby or two and I would be set. Oh no my friends, nothing in this world is that easy any more. I have to fill out a application, get references, come in for an interview, complete and background check and then sign forms that commit my time for however many months. All of this and all I really wanted to do was hold babies. I didn't think that would be too much to ask but apparently a background check is needed before parents will trust me with their newborns...okay maybe they do have a point. Hope all is well in cyber land!

~The Singing Ginger

No comments: